- 22 percent of workers are very confident they will have enough money in retirement, according to the Employee Benefit Research Institute’s 25th annual “Retirement Confidence Survey.”
- 45 percent of Americans have saved exactly nothing toward retirement, according to recent Congressional testimony.
- 20 years expected additional lifespan of a woman of 65 — two years longer than a man.
- One in six employers offers health insurance coverage to retirees these days.
- $220,000 - the average 65-year-old couple's out-of-pocket costs for health care in the next 20 years.
- 5.8% is the projected annual growth rate for health care spending through 2022.
- 62% is the average retiree can expect Medicare to pay of his health care expenses.
- 38% of your medical expenses that you’ll have to pay when you file a claim with Medicare.
- $200,000+ is what you could end up paying for a single year in a skilled nursing facility (“nursing home”) or a high-end assisted living facility (particularly if costs continue to escalate).
Are you prepared or preparing for your retirement life? Look at the following 9 retirement stats and see what else you need to do in order to be better prepared for your retirement life:
PFwise's goal is to help ordinary people make wise personal finance decisions.