Pros of Growth Investing
- Investors can gain exposure to cutting edge industries that are rapidly evolving.
- It could be emotionally rewarding to watch the fast gain of stock prices.
- Successful investments may appreciate much faster than the overall market.
Cons of Growth Investing
- Higher risk and volatility.
- Dividends are rare as most growth companies reinvest their earnings.
- Time intensive to evaluate the credibility of various growth projection estimates.
- Valuations could be much higher than the market average to reflect projected growth that may never materialize.
In next blog post, we will take a look at what's value investing.