A. Underwriting offers for cancer are very dependent on the amount of time passed since treatment, the location and type of cancer, and most importantly, the stage and grade. Many low-grade cancers can be offered Standard rates within a few months of treatment, while higher staged or graded tumors may take several years of postponement, followed by a period of years with a flat extra rating, before being considered at Standard rates.
You need to be prepared to answer the following questions regarding the history of cancer -
- Location of the cancer and the exact name/type of cancer?
- What was the date of diagnosis? And what was the date of end of treatment?
- How was the cancer treated? Surgery?... Radiation?... Chemotherapy?
- Most importantly and critical to quoting — what was the stage and grade?
- Has there been any recurrence?
- Any other cancer history?
Please contact us so we can help you find the best carrier given your situation.