A. Regular exercise is a great investment, its return beats a lot of other financial investments' returns! You can try the following ways to save on gym costs:
1. End of January often brings the biggest discount for gym membership fees. Pay attention to promotions from your favorite local gyms.
2. Surf Groupon, LivingSocial, GiltCity, your local gym's Facebook or Twitter pages and see if there are any discount deals going on.
3. Talk to the manager of the gym and see if you can get any discount.
4. Pay annual fee all once rather than by month, in this way you can often get an extra free month or no registration fee.
5. Take advantage any free trial period and make sure the gym you plan to attend fits your needs.
6. Check your medical plan provider and see if they provide any financial assistance, for example, some of the United Healthcare plans provide up to $240 annual incentive for gym memberships.