If so, you are not alone! And this how-to book will be very helpful for you - The Economy of You: Discover your inner entrepreneur and recession-proof your life.
For example, what are the common characteristics of the most successful side businesses? Here is a short list of what this book tells you:
- Low start-up costs. "As side-giggers showed me over and over again, there is no need to spend big before you start earnings."
- Fits well with your full time work and doesn't pose a conflict.
- Take advantage of your skill set.
- The hustle is fun. It can't be just about money.
Before you start a side business, what questions should you ask yourself? Here are 3 questions the author suggested:
- Which fields are growing?
- Which problems can I solve?
- Can I realistically get paid to do what I like?
I like this book because it has some very useful information such as above, as well as the list of top 50 side gigs. Especially helpful is her description of the jobs best suited for the kind of individuals and the resources you need to get started.
The book is available at Amazon. Released in December 2013, it already received a lot of good reviews.