Now we will reveal a little known secret of using FSA or HSA money -
Transportation and Other Expenses Related to Health Care
Few people know that you can use FSA or HSA to pay for transportation related expenses, such as bus or taxi fare to and from your provider, or airfare if it's medically necessary for you to travel, if you use them as part of your health care.
Other health-related expenses include:
- Lodging and meals during a medical event.
- Advance payments on a retirement home or long-term care.
- Lead-based paint removal.
- Medical conferences concerning an illness or condition you or a dependent has.
- Oxygen and supplies.
- Wheelchairs and crutches.